Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sunspot Combo

mightymonoped

This morning's mission...

9:30 am - protect the scope from the wind by using the conservatory doors, sit on the step and capture using prime-focus, 2x Barlow and 3x Barlow.

The 3x Barlow image wasn't much of an improvement (still too windy) so I ditched it.

ED80, homemade Baader filter on undriven alt-az

around 100/500 frames in each case.

Tony

post-12982-133877327674_thumb.jpg

Very Very nice mate.

You've captured the details extremely well. I'm really impressed. You have no idea just how hard the sun is to image. Well I find it hard.

The detail in that close up is amazing!

Ant

Another excellent solar image with superb detail Tony. You succeeded remarkabley well considering you were battling a wind.

We don't seem to get an overabundance of sun images,, so you and CC have provided a treat.

As a point of interest, can anyone tell me at what point in the solar cycle the sun is.

Cheers Ron. :D

Ron, its solar minimum or thereabouts. Not a lot happening at the moment.

Still a good time to have a PST as they allow you to see stuff that isn't a spot. You still get to so the little prominences, filaments, granulation and stuff.

Captain Chaos

Yes I can see that, having just had a look at the B/W image you posted at Chub's request. You really do get an indication of the immense energies pulsating in that enormous sphere. Thanks for the cycle Info.

Ron. :D

Tony, that looks very much like what I shot a few hours later with my 114mm f/8 newt. I call it "The h" because it looked like the shape of the letter "h". I got about 5000 frames of it but it's hard to get registax4/2 to play ball.

Archived