Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Central Scotland Observers Group - Observing Session Sat 22nd Oct.

stev74

Hi all,

I thought this might be of interest to anyone in Central Scotland who would like to get out observing with a few like minded folks. ;)

Harperrig (near Edinburgh... but not too near!! :rolleyes:) Saturday 22nd October Start time 8.30pm

Moon rise is 03:11 on 23rd 17.2% illuminated.

All the deatails are on the CSOG forum - Pre-Arranged Monthly Observing Sessions - Harperrig 22nd October

This is open to everyone with newcomers and beginners more than welcome.

Please let me know if you would like to come along so I can get an idea of numbers. Either post/PM me on here or join and post on the CSOG forum. :o

Cheers

I'll be there.... get a peek through your new toy hopefully

Cool mate, if it's clear your more than welcome to have a look through the new scope. :D

I'm up for that, also subject to a lift I'm afraid. I'm situated in Colinton Mains (SW Edinburgh).

Thanks for the Heads up, Steve.

Andrew

Good stuff Andrew it will be nice to meet you. Hopefully someone will be passing and can pick you up if not I could make a detour along the by-pass and pick you up. ;)

To all

There should be at least 10 of us there on the night with lots of different set ups - visual and imaging. You don't need a scope to come along as I'm sure everyone will be happy to share the views. It's great if you are just starting out and want to see the size of different set ups and how they all work. :D

Again either post/PM me on here or join the CSOG forum and post so I have an idea of numbers. :D

Cheers

Great Craig, see you on Saturday. ;)

Should be able to make it, might try and bring my new Tal along but I have a funny feeling the drive is 240v - eek!

You could always bring a REALLY long extension and ask the folks in the house at the top of the road to plug it in! :D

I will try and get along - with either the 14" Flextube GOTO or the 8" SCT.

I had forgotten that Andrew had relocated southwards to Edinburgh - It will be good to see you again Andrew, I bet you are missing those Aberdeenshire dark skies.

Tom

Great Craig, see you on Saturday. :)

You could always bring a REALLY long extension and ask the folks in the house at the top of the road to plug it in! :)

The Tal deal fell through thanks to my accountant......:evil6: Not sure I will go on Saturday as I dont have a grab n go scope (Cant bring thre HEQ5 as I sold the handset!) and the kids are away for th enight so the mrs will no doubt want to go out for a meal or sumething:mad:

Hi Steve

How are you getting on with the scope? Did you attach the eyepiece holder? I bumped it off my knees and it was a close one lol

Hi Martin,

The scope is great thanks just a pity the weather has been so bad recently I've only had a chance to use it twice!! :):evil6:

I have left the EP holder off at the moment as I've found my power tank fits perfect on that part of the mount held on with a bungee cord. :D

I will try and get along - with either the 14" Flextube GOTO or the 8" SCT.

Bring the big dob mate.... see you on Saturday. ;)

Hello everyone,

Hope you all have a great time. Val and I were hoping to get up to join you all but Val cannot get the Sunday off work. She is still trying though, we will know better tomorrow. If we do not get up I hope you have good clear skies. Enjoy

Nina

I hope you and Val can make it, it will be nice to catch up with you both again..... fingers crossed. :D

The Tal deal fell through thanks to my accountant...... Not sure I will go on Saturday as I dont have a grab n go scope (Cant bring thre HEQ5 as I sold the handset!) and the kids are away for th enight so the mrs will no doubt want to go out for a meal or sumething

No worries Craig, if you change your mind there will be plenty of scopes to look through even if you don't bring one. Although with Kielder being so close it's probably best to earn a few extra brownie points with your good lady this weekend!! :)

Due to the seemingly ubiquitous clouds, plan B was put into action and a social meeting was arranged. Enjoyed meeting up again with the CSOG members I know and good to meet Andrew from SGL. Thanks again.

L.

Not too bad a turn out for a windy cloudy night..... I'm glad we had a plan B!! :(

It was nice to catch up with everyone again. :p

Thanks again Lorne for your cricket club allowing us to use the facilities and for the liquid refreshment!! :)

Nice to meet you Andrew hopefully next time we will have some clears skies. :(

Glad the dew shield fitted Douglas. :)

Archived