Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Has "Keenex" tissue changed for cleaning eyepieces lens?

In the final stages of cleaning an eyepiece lens. I've read and seen tutorials that fogging the lens and gently wiping it with keenex is ok. Now I read that the original forumla has changed (maybe fragrance,lotion ect.). And not to use it. Are we getting picky or what? Pat

I would not use it to be honest. I use the Baader Optical Wonder fluid and micro fibre cloth. Eyepieces can be pretty expensive and having had a bad experience with a nice TAL 25mm plossl a couple of years back I'm not taking any chances now.

Plain tissues, no fragrance oils etc etc are still OK.(If you can find them!)

I use Unbranded plain kitchen towels....

(Same with washing your mirrors - plain "original" soap - nothing added was always recommended - the nearest I found was Lux flakes...)

I have been useing an off brand of "kleenex". I don't see any streaking on glass. But it isn't as soft. Maybe with mosture it won't be a problem. I will have to compare both. Thanks, Pat

Archived