Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observing Uranus.

Codz

Use Connortron's coordinates or a go-to if you got one. When you get the field of view in your EP, it should look like the first image I posted. Uranus is a greenish blue dot that looks slightly different than a star. If you zoom in, it should look like my second picture with the same color but you should see the moons close to the planet. Good luck it is small:)

post-25769-133877674656_thumb.jpg

post-25769-133877674662_thumb.jpg

I've been following it through binoculars recently. The free planetarium software Stellarium is invaluable for finding an object by eye.

I use the two eastern stars in the square of Pegasus as a guide. Imagine a line drawn between these stars and follow the line south (and slightly west) about the same distance again as the distance between these stars.

Once found the planet has a distinct bluish colour even through bins. It moves quite slowly as days pass too so easy to follow.

Archived