Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Shock and Awe : The Story of Electricity

palebluedot

Good old Jim. Another quality programme from the best science broadcaster out there at the moment.

Certainly one of the very best -- I also rate Michael Mosley and Marcus du Sautoy very highly. Jem Stansfield from "Bang Goes the Theory" has impressed me a lot as well. I thought the last one on Fukushima was the best programme on those aspects of nuclear power that I have ever seen.

Have to say the first two episodes are proving to be great television and like Grahame has already noticed, No.3 is on Iplayer! Agree with scoobystoo and Lee that Jim is a good presenter, not at all patronizing and with the right level of enthusiasm without being over expressive.

James

Watched the third and last episode last night - very interesting, especially with regard to the possibility of super conductors operating at room temperature. Did anyone else come to the conclusion that instead of him standing on that levitating plate, it would have looked better with a huge dobsonian on it? :)

James

I felt sad for... Oliver Lodge - Though he seemed to accept his lack of Nobel Laureate-ship(?) with equanimity! I think he is now CREDITED in the current naming of one or two UK universities? Liverpool? Some random London "College" or other? <G> BUT at least I now I KNOW who this great (British) "unsung hero" was... :)

Archived