Blue sun

Demonperformer

Like many others, I have been following the progress of AR1302. However, I have been rather puzzled by the fact that all my images have been blue:icon_scratch:. If I greatly increase the exposure I can get rid of the colour, but as that also tends to get rid of any sunspots as well that does seem to be a little self-defeating.

I am using the 102SLT stopped down with a 50mm solar film filter on the front and it definitely does not look blue when viewed visually.

The only thing I can think is that it is something to do with the fact that the canon has been modded and has a CLS clip filter 'jammed' in the slot (i.e. I can't remove it) and a UVIR block filter is screwed into the front of the nosepiece. Would that combination account for the weird colour (not that I particularly dislike it, it's just strange)? Or do you think something else is going on?

And yes, I know, my focussing leaves a little to be desired!

Thanks.

Ca II K line

393 nm -> RGB -> 97/0/186

H Alpha line

656 nm -> RGB -> 255/0/0

Then you can always colour them orangy yellowy.

Just Desaturate... then add a new layer FILL with the colour of your choice then set the MODE to OVERLAY and then the Transparancy of that layer to suit.

Archived