Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the moon this morning 19-09-11

astropete

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi west, thank you. please if you wish take a copy.

Thank you, I think I will you know.

The picture sets my mind racing, to me it resembles ying and yang, or the light of what we have discovered and the dark of all we don`t know. A bit soppy maybe, but a picture that makes me ponder is a achievement in its own right :). I don`t think I could get tired of looking at it.

I have just moved into a new house and we have decorated the living room with a black and white theme and that would fit in perfect.

Now to convince the wife, wish me luck :)

Pete,

Thanks for the images - especially the first one!!

I looked up the camera model on Google expecting to see some ultra techy device that would be capable of producing such fine photos and found a regular, albeit very good, point and shoot digital camera!!-

This must be a huge inspiration to those wishing to take astro images.

What system did you use to mount the camera and what were the exposure settings?

I have a Skymax 127 and would be very happy if I could produce a similar result!!

Any pix of the setup would be appreciated!

Nice one!!

it takes a bit getting used to the digi mount, having to use the two axis to center the camera on the eyepiece, but well worth it. i will say this, this system is no use for deep space shots, its a look and shoot system, for deep space items then you will require a better camera.

hi pug, geoff, thanks for your comments. re results, normally out of a shoot of say 10 to 20 shots (trying different light levels) maybe 6 or 7 are concidered ediable. out of the 6 or 7 maybe 3 or 4 look ok after editing, then the best will get posted. so after a shoot a 20/1 ratio is what it takes to post one good pic. but that one pic to me is priceless, an original.

Astropete

One thing I had thought about trying was using my camera (a Canon Powershot G9) in its movie mode to produce AVIs. It might work at at least for the Moon but have never done anything about it. I don't know how practical it would be to do it.

I assume you can do the same with your Samsung as most digicams have a movie mode of some sort?

Geoff

hi Geoff, yes you are correct you can use the samsung camera as a video recorder. i have various recordings taken that way, the only down side is i cannot edit the video, so the recording is shown as taken. if i knew how to up load a recording to this site i would, so if any one knows how to please tell.

Astropete

I would imagine that they could be edited in Registax depending on the codec that is used. Otherside, possibly something like DivX might be able to convert them into a suitable format.

On the other hand, the more expreienced on here may know a better way.

Geoff

Archived