Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Computer Help!!!!!

Demon Barber

Common fault on the DV 2/ 6/ 9000 series, most likely rework required to VGA/board.

Symptoms as follows-

system powers to lights only.

system may fire to external VGA with poor or broken/pixelated image.

unit may function one in 100 attempts.

Hp diagnostic advice would be to remove battery and hold power button for 30 seconds to discharge unit, replace battery and power unit to see if symptoms have resolved. update BIOS if able to use external display. (has never worked for me on this unit)

as stated at the start your main board most likely requires some technical work, this issue can normally be resolved for a short period and maybe longer if looked after well, the system over heats the VGA and the chip lifts out of position, some computer shops will try 'tricks' to remedy this but most likely it will fail if the job is not done correctly. simply re heating the chip into position is most likely to fail within 20 hours of use or less. a better solution would be to reball and convert the cooling system with a copper solution from the VGA to the main sink of the CPU, we have had reasonable success with this method on all 3 series 2/6/9.

AVG cost from a pro 60-80.00 pounds. some will try harder than others in my opinion.

this is not an advert this is for information purposes only.

last time i posted computers i got an ear bashing from the mods in the for sale section.

NOT AN ADVERT!!

• 4 months later...

Archived