NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheap web cams again!

mdstuart

I bought one of these kits recently from Telescope House. They refer to software support link at the UK site of Philips for downloading drivers and software to operate the camera, BUT I'm still having problems after downloading the software - Windows 7 says it doesn't recognise the driver.....good luck....if you do find an answer I'd be interested...!

The flashing service mentioned as part of the package makes the firmware of the webcam equal to the SPC900 which does have Win 7 drivers.

If you have the SPC880 with old firmware it needs to be flashed and there are lots of threads explaining how to do this. The catch is you need XP to recognise the SPC880 to be able to run the firmware flashing program.

Looks like the flashing is part of the service. The drivers can be found here

SPC900NC/00 Philips Webcam SPC900NC VGA CCD with Pixel Plus - Philips Support

Normally reccomended that you install the drivers before plugging the cam in but as mentioned win7 can find the drivers its self.

You can download sharpcap here

SharpCap

this will allow you to capture .AVI footage

And Registax here

RegiStax Download

This is used to stack the .AVI and optimize the final image. I use version 5.1 simply because I was told that V6 was not quite as reliable yet but that may have changed now.

There are several different capture and stacking programs on the net. These are just the 2 that ive started using

Bentham is Morgan computers parent company so you are almost certainly getting the Morgans stock. Morgans have been out of stock of the nosepieces for a few weeks now and have obviously made up this "extra" bundle to shift a few cameras. It works out at £1.49 less than buying the bits seperately.

I got my camera from Morgans, flashed by them. I plugged it in for the first time today to my Win Vista system and the computer found and installed the drivers automatically. I thne got it running via Craterlet to get some scarily close-up footage of a tree in the garden! :)

Thanks everyone..

Mine will be flashed so I will plug it in and let win 7 find the drivers...If not I am a dab hand with this after lots of annoying computer issues so I am sure I will sort it...

I will post pictures on the forum and you will then know everything is well..

Expecting webcam tommorrow!

Registax and sharp cap already installed ready!

Mark

Archived