Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium - Are there any IC catalogues?

swag72

I do use Stellarium quite a lot and have got all the latest downloaded catalogues. I do wonder if there are any extra catalogues I can download? I'd like to have the IC targets on Stellarium, but don't see them on the normal downloads.

One of these days you'll realise the benefits of changing to Carte du Ciel!!!

Everything is there.....and more!

It just doesn't look so pretty...:):rolleyes::D

Joking aside ... I use Stellarium for a quick "simulated" look at whats up when and CDC or TheSky6 for detailed planning...

I don't bother with scope control anymore preffering to drive it from the handset...

Peter...

Sara,

One of these days you'll realise the benefits of changing to Carte du Ciel!!!

Everything is there.....and more!

I have Carte du Ciel on my laptop, but recently added stellarium, which has a couple of options CdC does not have (especially in the display department). I will probably keep using both.

I have found IC objects from the word go in Stellarium (IC10 and IC 342 where the first I checked out).

Sara et al,

That wasn't a dig at Stellarium, I just find CdC a great program to use when searching for obscure objects. I actually use it in conjunction with AstroPlanner V2, which has a database of over 200 Catalogues and interfaces nicely with CdC.

What ever works for you is the one to use.

Archived