NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

School gazing

ChrisEdu

Would anyone be / or know where I might find people that would possibly be interested / willing to volunteer to hold an observing session at a primary school in Rustington, West Sussex?

I was talking to my head teacher today and the idea of having a star gazing session on the school field came up. As yet, there are no definite plans or dates in place; I thought I'd make some intial enquiries first.

Thanks for any help / suggestions.

If you were in Wiltshire, Wiltshire AS would help

you out and we would not charge for our services.

Peter

Here's hoping someone in Sussex will be just as kind! :(

I think the general idea would be to give people the chance to just look through some scopes and see what's up there. :)

I cannot help but funnily enough I am starting a new career as Admin Manager in a Primary School on Monday and am considering an astro club. I bet you could run sessions you know. just plan the events when you have a good chance of planets/moon or obvious targets like Orion Nebula etc.

I would almost certainly be doing the organisation, etc.. What I'd like to try to do is get some more people with scopes and knowledge to come along to provide more opportunities for people to be able to have a look through the scope(s).

Good idea about the parents, though. I shall have to have further disccussions with the HT to see what he has in mind.

Archived