Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New PixInsight Video : By Catanonia aged 39

Catanonia

I thought I would add to the PI community by creating a video on Georg Viehoever's new Gradient Merge Mosaic tool that became available last month.

Harry Page did an awesome video for simple merging two panes together, but I had no end of problems trying to make this work with multiple panes especially when there were 2 edges to merge on one pane.

It turns out I was doing it all wrong and Georg kindly helped me out with the correct method.

So my payback for all the stunning working Georg has given to PI users is this video explaining how to create a 12 pane mosaic using PI and the new Gradient Merge Mosaic tool

This is the 1st video I have done, so please don't laugh, I really do hope it helps others sturggling to get to grips with mosaics in PI.

On a side note, the new feature produced by Georg is absolutely amazing and well worth the money for PI along with the DBE tool.

Thank you Georg.

A link to the video is below. It is in MP4 format and you may need to find the right codecs to play it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10801850/Astro%20Pictures/PI%20Gradient%20Merge%20Mosaic.mp4 36mb in size

Please be patient for the entire video to download before it plays

Thanks for posting this, with my Atik 314L in the pipeline, I was wondering how I was going to mosaic. I will keep this thread somewhere handy and see how it goes. To be honest though, seeing Anna's videos for PS I was thinking about throwing in the PI towel, it's just too hard at times.

Hi

:(

Don't forget the Pi video rule , You have to make them in 10's :)

Harry

LOL, I might do another video taking everything from basics, flats, darks, combining, calibrating and simple processing. But that will be the last one :)

Yedi you are, Skywalker speak I try :)

Archived