NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Evostar 120

• 8 years later...

I have the Evostar 120 and with decent tracking on an EQ Mount you can get some good DSO images. I got this one of the Pinwheel just a week ago with a Canon 600D and only 30 x 60 sec exposures. It’s a decent tube for the price...plan to upgrade the focuser though I’m finding it a bit sloppy.

10602485-E333-4C92-A596-2EFBAF4BD262.jpeg

Edited by wsteel33

Seeing as how I have awoken this thread from its intersellar statis... anyone have any recommendations as a good (budget(ish)) replacement focuser for the stock rack and pinion one this scope comes with... as frankly its a bit c**p.

Needs to be able to focus sharply and hold a Canon 600D for photographing DSO's.

Thanks in advance everyone 👊

Edited by wsteel33

• 3 months later...

I would recomend this one from Flo been using it with my startravel 120/600 for imaging.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-focusers/dual-speed-2-crayford-focuser-for-sky-watcher-refractors.html

Took these with this setup.

only had the blown up version stored on my phone.

A friend of mine edited my stackings in pixinsight

Edited by GKA

On 21/04/2020 at 09:30, wsteel33 said:

Seeing as how I have awoken this thread from its intersellar statis... anyone have any recommendations as a good (budget(ish)) replacement focuser for the stock rack and pinion one this scope comes with... as frankly its a bit c**p.

Needs to be able to focus sharply and hold a Canon 600D for photographing DSO's.

Thanks in advance everyone 👊

Can't go wrong with a Baader steeltrack. I've got one on my ED120.