Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

stellarium

faulksy

hi peeps having some trouble down loaded stellarium last night and screen is just pixled and wont do anything.you can zoom in and out but no names or pics.removed it and downloaded again from another site same again anyone no what im doing wrong.my p.c. is running windows xp if this helps. thanks in advance. mike:)

PC's running XP are normally not a problem with Stellarium. Do you know if your PC meets the minimium specs......older laptops normally struggle in the minimum requirements for the graphics. Requires a graphics card capable of decent OpenGL performance.

Have you downloaded directly from the stellarium site?

yes mate direct www, stellarium.org. tried again just now after removing previous version still no better. screen just blinks constantly cant do anything with it have to switch power of and reboot again

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

might sound daft, but to check that you are downloading a stable version and not a Beta?

Also, you can try right clicking the desktop icon and click properties. Under the compatability tab tick the 'Run This Program In Compatability Mode for' then try to restart the program.

I hope this helps as ive just started getting into stargazing properly and i find this program to be very good :p

Archived