16HR for imaging

SC3 webcam for guiding

Point at M101

EQ6

300mm Newt.

Toucam Pro for imaging AND guiding

Point at Saturn

CC indoors with beer.

Messed it all up as I only have 1 guide output, now how do I guide via the serial link? Or the guide output on the 16HR?

Captain Chaos

Any chance of running two Toucams on the same computer, each one talking to it's own K3CCD Tools? Would they clash as they might have the same identity as far as the computer is concerned (pure guess that bit) or could it actually work?

Captain Chaos

If they are USB it should work, alternatively you could software upgrade 1 of the Toucams using this:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeed81b/toucam.html

I did mine on Friday, works a treat and it shows in K3CCD Tools as the SPC900NC to their should be no confusion with 2 instances of K3CCD running.

There again I could be talking nonsense :) :)

CC

I think you will find that the bandwidth of the USB is not enough for two camera's. AMHIK!!!

You need two USB controllers on board and laptops have just the one.

Hmm...Good thought I think this could be the downfall of this setup.

My laptop is 1 month old, 2 x 2Ghz CPU's, 6 USB ports, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, new install of WinXP and drivers

BSOD when I fire up the 2nd camera

Even tried with a 2-port PCMCIA card - no BSOD but no camera recognition either. But then a thought has just struck me.... I'm sure the PCMCIA card has a power socket and I wonder if I power the PCMCIA card if it will work....

I'll check into this and advise.

Who mentioned laptop? This is my shed after all, not up some draughty hillside. :)

Plan B if I can drink enough Stella to appease the gods. As the moon will get in the way of the Lum. frames of M101, I'm imaging and guiding on Saturn using the Skelescope and a single Toucam. Fingers crossed here.

Captain Chaos

OK, yes my PCMCIA card has a power socket, so I amazingly found a power supply with the correct voltage and amps and plug!!

I plugged it in, tried the two cameras and absolutely no difference!!!

But, if you are putting a PC in, CC, you will probably find they DO have 2 USB controllers and thus enough bandwidth

Archived