NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The darkness is decending! :^)

Specman

I reckon it's still another 2 weeks before I can start imaging from here in Edinburgh. But it is definitely getting darker.

Here's a widefield shot from around midnight last night. Still quite blue (and orange!).

Mark

plough+tree.jpg

I reckon it's still another 2 weeks before I can start imaging from here in Edinburgh. But it is definitely getting darker.

Here's a widefield shot from around midnight last night. Still quite blue (and orange!).

Mark

plough+tree.jpg

Nice pic! Yep! ....Couple of weeks I guess but the main thing is you can see the stars, always a good sign me feels :)

Cheers

Mark

This is really interesting for me, because I wasn't just seeing things after all. Sadly I couldn't use my scope last night because of my early shift this morning, but I stepped outside to have a look around 23:30 and the sky also seemed really dark which would explain why the stars appeared so much brighter.

The big question for me as a newbie is, is this really just the sky getting darker or would there have been other factors involved? I usually get to see a fair number of stars, but I do live in a slightly light polluted area which means I don't get the views some of you get. Last night I could see a lot more than I see normally as soon as I stepped outside, with no time for my eyes to adjust. Just curious as to whether it really is only down to the sky getting darker, because I wouldn't mind a few months of skies like this ;)

This is really interesting for me, because I wasn't just seeing things after all. Sadly I couldn't use my scope last night because of my early shift this morning, but I stepped outside to have a look around 23:30 and the sky also seemed really dark which would explain why the stars appeared so much brighter.

The big question for me as a newbie is, is this really just the sky getting darker or would there have been other factors involved? I usually get to see a fair number of stars, but I do live in a slightly light polluted area which means I don't get the views some of you get. Last night I could see a lot more than I see normally as soon as I stepped outside, with no time for my eyes to adjust. Just curious as to whether it really is only down to the sky getting darker, because I wouldn't mind a few months of skies like this :)

No...they are really marching on now. I like August because its still quite warm but the nights are getting darker. Well, that's the theory anyway, nothing but cold, wet, clouds and fog for two weeks now! :smiley:

yeah cant freeking wait, few more weeks and it will be nice and dark and those clear winter nights

Trouble is its been four months since my last session! I've got to learn everything all over again! :smiley:

Whoop, whoop...

Feels like an age since I've been out.

Can't wait, although the weather here is abysmal, chucking it down....

Thats a slight understatement, if I typed what I thought of the rain here the last few days, the swearing filter would go into overdrive.... as for the original poster, just wait till December when you will be able to go out at 3.30pm and see the sky full of stars :smiley:

Archived