NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Auto focuser - Skywatcher

Viv

Hi all,

Finally today, got round to trying to fit the auto focuser to the ED80.

Took me most of the afternoon, but finally done, sorted & working.

Just had to share that.

Now that's just begging for someone to reply "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" :)

And I bet that gets caught by the sweary filter.

But as it happens, I do. Are you talking about the motor-driven focuser, or something more complex for handling focusing? In which case, do spill the beans.

James

Well done Scarlet - these things really do make life a lot easier.

I've put a couple onto various scopes and use a Hitec USB focus controller from FLO - this means you can control the focus through software and it works a treat with the SW AF motor.

I make my brackets out of 0.5mm Aluminium sheet which is easy to cut, drill and bend with very basic tools and skills.

Here's a link to a couple I made earlier - now in the process of planning one for an SCT.

Steve

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/145334-skywatcher-autofocusser-fitting-william-optic-zs70-moonlight-newtonian.html

Well done Scarlet - these things really do make life a lot easier.

I've put a couple onto various scopes and use a Hitec USB focus controller from FLO - this means you can control the focus through software and it works a treat with the SW AF motor.

I make my brackets out of 0.5mm Aluminium sheet which is easy to cut, drill and bend with very basic tools and skills.

Here's a link to a couple I made earlier - now in the process of planning one for an SCT.

Steve

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/145334-skywatcher-autofocusser-fitting-william-optic-zs70-moonlight-newtonian.html

So this will be accurate enough to save having to run to and fro from scope to computer when using a bahtinov mask then?

Thanks all - was just so chuffed to get it fitted (as the ED80 is not actually quoted for it fitting to).

It's just the motor focuser.

Really help with scope wobble when focusing .......

Archived