NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellariam ocular view.

How accurate is this in terms of object size in the eyepiece?

For example the triangulum galaxy fills is very huge in the eyepiece at 26x A galaxy I've never spotted before... Maybe because i thought it was small and always tried to view over 100x

Hi

It's pretty representative - bear

In mind that M33 is over a degree long and more than half a degree wide!

The problem is that the ocular view in Stellarium inevitably shows a long exposure photo so you can never expect to see a similar view through the eyepiece.

Hope this helps

Paul

Sorry to butt in, but can the ocular view be adjusted or set to your own scope size and ep magnification.

thanks

ken

Yes, you can add your own scope and your own eypieces.

DoctorD. Thanks for the reply, Yeh I understand the images in stellariam are of long exposure. I will mainly see a whitish smudge at best right lol ?

Im happy the size representation is correct though. Will be able to find things much easier now.

Sorry to butt in, but can the ocular view be adjusted or set to your own scope size and ep magnification.

thanks

ken

It could in the pre 0.11.0 versions but for some reason all the controls have been removed from the latest version. Can no longer cycle through the scopes and eyepieces i have setup.

It could in the pre 0.11.0 versions but for some reason all the controls have been removed from the latest version. Can no longer cycle through the scopes and eyepieces i have setup.

Ive just updated mine and ive noticed this. the new menu is meant to come up by pressing alt+O but it doesn't work.

I run 10.6 and with DSOs the ocular view is pretty good but on planets, it seems to show then much smaller than they appear in the eyepiece. I don't know if it is accurate or not, but they certainly seem much larger when viewing through the scope than the ocular view would suggest.

Add " --safe-mode" to the end of the command line. It's actually in the program group shows as "Stellarium (no OpenGL)"

Doesn't fix it for me. Still no full screen menu. Not sure why they have disabled the toggle. seems a step back to me.

Archived