Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trifid nebula....1st terrible attempt!

cloudbuster

not so much trifid, as terrible!:):mad::(

Failand 29.6.11 1st attempt at imaging the trifid nebula (unguided)

skywatcher 200pds 8"

Canon 40d

CLS light pollution filter

800 asa

20 subs 100 seconds

20 darks 100 seconds

no bias

stacked in DSS

Processed in photoshop elements & photoshop 6

still lots to learn:D

cheers

bob:)

Nothing terrible about that. A bit blown-out in the centre, maybe, but that doesn't make it terrible by a very long way. It's focussed, has colour to it, and once you've got your autoguider going the trailing will be reduced or removed, and you'll be able to up your exposures. Might be worth checking your mount setup. Before I started <strike>cheating</strike> guiding, I was able to get a maximum of 4 minutes before the trailing started to affect my images. 100 sec seems a little less tolerant. perhaps check your rig's balance, too?

Heh. I'm a fine one to talk about rig balance and trails...!

Good stuff Bob..:)

Good luck with the guider.

I guess that means you are entering the next stage, metamorphosis...;)

Metamorphosis is a biological process by which an animal physically develops after birth or hatching, involving a conspicuous and relatively abrupt change in the animal's body structure through cell growth and differentiation. Some insects, amphibians, molluscs, crustaceans, Cnidarians, echinoderms tunicates and Astro Photographers undergo metamorphosis, which is usually accompanied by a change of habitat or behavior.

Scientific usage of the term is exclusive, and is not applied to general aspects of cell growth with exception to Astro Photographers including rapid growth spurts. References to "metamorphosis" in mammals are imprecise and only colloquial, but historically idealist ideas of transformation and monadology, as in Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards, influenced the development of ideas of evolution.

Good stuff Bob..:)

Good luck with the guider.

I guess that means you are entering the next stage, metamorphosis...;)

Metamorphosis is a biological process by which an animal physically develops after birth or hatching, involving a conspicuous and relatively abrupt change in the animal's body structure through cell growth and differentiation. Some insects, amphibians, molluscs, crustaceans, Cnidarians, echinoderms tunicates and Astro Photographers undergo metamorphosis, which is usually accompanied by a change of habitat or behavior.

Scientific usage of the term is exclusive, and is not applied to general aspects of cell growth with exception to Astro Photographers including rapid growth spurts. References to "metamorphosis" in mammals are imprecise and only colloquial, but historically idealist ideas of transformation and monadology, as in Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards, influenced the development of ideas of evolution.

"Cnidarians"???

I think British amateur astronomers are the craziest people I've ever met.

I'd love to buy 'en all a pint!

Archived