NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first step into Astrophotography - Albireo

Dann

Hi Guys

Thanks to a lovely clear evening I managed to have my first go at astrophotography with my DSLR. I thought about having a go at M13 as my first try but decided on Albireo.

This was 59x 30second exposures @ ISO800

27 Darks

15 Flats

I didn't really know if it was worth doing lots of exposures for a target like this but I guessed it couldn't hurt so went for 30 minutes.

An tips or advice gratefully received :)

Thanks

post-26486-133877627833_thumb.jpg

post-26486-13387762784_thumb.jpg

I can't offer any advice, because I have not tried imaging Albireo. I plan to have a go in the next few weeks, because it is my favourite double. But, I think it's a great image, and the colours have come through beautifully.

Thanks guys.

I'm not too sure what I'm doing in regards to processing at the moment, find myself dancing between tutorials trying to pick out bits.

Col: I have a Nikon D40

• 4 months later...

Well done - a lovely first image. Enjoy the hobby and don;t be in a rush - just take your time and enjoy it. When it comes to processing, there's always plenty of help on this forum. Each target tends to need slightly different approaches to processing but many of the steps are the same so you'll soon become familiar with them. Once you've got your raw data you can take as many attempts as you want processing the image until you're happy with it.

Regards

John

Archived