Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 in Ha

Komet

Finally got some imaging done with my 190mm Mak Newt. After all the problems of late it is rather nice.

There are still some issues to sort out but I hope to get these sorted fairly soon.

M27 in Ha

50 x 180 second exposures (I have a flexure problem atm which is a wip to eradicate)

Scope: 190mm Mak-Newt

Camera: QHY IMG2Pro at ~-34 deg c

Astronomik Ha filter

NEQ6Pro

Guiding: WO66SD + Lodestar

komet_m27ha2.jpg

Might get some colour tonight.

Fantastic result Mick. Great depth and image scale. Pity about the halos.

After years battling with diff flexure on Newtonian scopes with guidescopes, I gave up and made an OAG - and never looked back. It is very difficult to get 10 plus minute exposures at this image scale on a newtonian without an OAG.

Pity about the halos.

After years battling with diff flexure on Newtonian scopes with guidescopes, I gave up and made an OAG - and never looked back. It is very difficult to get 10 plus minute exposures at this image scale on a newtonian without an OAG.

The halos have only appeared on this Newt. On my refractors through the same filters they were never a (noticeable) problem. Ho hum.

An OAG is the next step and will hopefully be in place within a week or so.

Thanks for the comments men.

Indeed, incredible for short subs. The haloes are not that bad but do you have the earlier or later Astronomiks? They replaced my 13Nm filter because of haloes and will still do so if you contact them. I prefer the Baader 7Nm, I must say.

Anyway, splendid depth and what nice tight little pinpoint stars. This is going to be good. The outer shell responds to O111 as well as Ha.

Olly

I was never intending to go stupid on this object as the nights are way too short and it doesn't get dark either. The sky is always one huge gradient. Adding OIII and SII plus tons more Ha was not on my agenda.

I also have work to do on the setup which would have affected it also.

So last night I shot some RGB just to add a touch of colour.

RGB - easch 15 subs x 120seconds 2x2

Horrible gradients which I had to beat to death with a stick with a nail in it! Also the sky was light enough to really show some doughnuts - things need cleaning and flats need a-shooting!

Anyway .... the result.

komet_m27_col.jpg

Oh i can't wait to start on this one with my MN190.

180second subs, and you get this....... wow !!!! You must have good skies, I normally go for 15mins Ha,

Great and really got me now wanting to strip down and put the MN190 back on the mount :hello2:

Archived