NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon EOS Utility HHHHEEELLLPPP !!!!!

Evening all, i have now obtained my daughters netbook (acer aspire 1410 running win 7) to use for astrophotography with my Canon 1000d.

The problem is the netbook doesnt have a disc drive so i cant physicaly load the Canon utility disc to it.

I've looked online for a download to install it on my netbook but nothing seems to work ?????

Any help or advice VERY welcome

Desperately

Al

Just copy the disc onto a USB stick or use a network cable between your main computer and netbook (or wireless) and copy it directly. The operating system doesn't care about what you are copying "a file is a file". Copy the whole disc - use windows explorer to do a copy and then paste. Should work. (Don't mean to oversimplify - I don't know how computer savvy you are :hello2:)

Thanks peeps, initialy, i tried saving the program to a data stick and sending it to the netbook........but it wouldnt read from vista to xp (win 7). I've tried downloading but none work??????

In the file description though it says this...but it is a bit confusing.

"EOS Utility 2.10 Updater for Windows is software that will install EOS Utility 2.10 on your computer or update a previously installed version of EOS Utility to EOS Utility 2.10 It is necessary that the previous version of your software have been installed when you use this updater on your computer."

Just tried the mac version;it does indeed ask that you have a previous version installed or you have the cds! Weird.

I can't see why Canon are making it so hard to find the latest install.

you can download the update files for the programmes, which contain the full programmes. If you then do a simple registry hack you can install the downloaded files from the netbook without needing the CD at all. The hack is here

Note: you may need to fool the installation software into believing you have a 1024 x 768 display (if the netbook resolution is smaller).

When I got my new netbook a few months ago, on the advice of fellow SGL'ers I copied the disc to a USB memory stick and uploaded to my netbook from there. Worked a treat :hello2:

Edit: Oh....I needed to plug a full size monitor into the vga port to get it installed. Once it was installed it runs fine on the netbook screen.

Archived