Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MCT Help

I need help keeping the smile off my face whenever I look at / through this! :)

Its an Intes 815D Mak-Cass.

Thats 8 inches of Maksutov-y goodness with a 1/9.4 wave mirror and an f15 focal ratio (roughly 9 feet!).

I've owned some pretty flash glass (AP155, TMB 152, TOA150 etc) but none have afforded the views that 'Svetlana' gives. The only thing it doesn't excel at is wide-field viewing. You'd need a 21 Ethos just to fit in M45.

The moon, the planets, tight doubles and DSO's are incredible in this scope. I spent over 2 hours on 47 Tuc the other night.

While providing a bigger, brighter image, even my 12" Dob can't match the detail it shows.

Cassini is a breeze.

Enke? - Sure why not?

Did you know M42 has 'G' and 'H' stars?

Its no use hiding Sirius b, I can see you!

It's such a good scope thatI think I'm developing inappropriate feelings for it!!!

I believe my days of slobbering over "big" aperture, uber-expensive, refractors are coming to an end. B)

I think the 14" version might be not be an unreasonable purchase.

Now where are those savings bonds my wife has hidden away?:)

post-24770-13387762042_thumb.jpg

post-24770-133877620425_thumb.jpg

post-24770-133877620435_thumb.jpg

Very good LOL !!

What a beaut !!!

I reckon Whippy will go the same colour as me when he sees this !!:)

Green that is !

NICE !!!

And you're right mate, that is a very nice scope! I really need to start playing the lottery....

Tony..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 19/06/2011 at 11:43, LMC said:

I need help keeping the smile off my face whenever I look at / through this! :)

Its an Intes 815D Mak-Cass.

Thats 8 inches of Maksutov-y goodness with a 1/9.4 wave mirror and an f15 focal ratio (roughly 9 feet!).

I've owned some pretty flash glass (AP155, TMB 152, TOA150 etc) but none have afforded the views that 'Svetlana' gives. The only thing it doesn't excel at is wide-field viewing. You'd need a 21 Ethos just to fit in M45.

The moon, the planets, tight doubles and DSO's are incredible in this scope. I spent over 2 hours on 47 Tuc the other night.

While providing a bigger, brighter image, even my 12" Dob can't match the detail it shows.

Cassini is a breeze.

Enke? - Sure why not?

Did you know M42 has 'G' and 'H' stars?

Its no use hiding Sirius b, I can see you!

It's such a good scope thatI think I'm developing inappropriate feelings for it!!!

I believe my days of slobbering over "big" aperture, uber-expensive, refractors are coming to an end. B)

I think the 14" version might be not be an unreasonable purchase.

Now where are those savings bonds my wife has hidden away?:)

815-cn1.jpg

815-5.jpg

815-cn2.jpg

I just noticed those pictures in Astromart ;-

http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=750300

Just curious as to why you sold it (it seems) ?

Cool down problems?

Regards,

Alistair G.

Archived