SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It's not great but I did catch the ISS on video.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Kevin for letting me know where I should have posted this. I didn't see this one! I've seen your good pal EaglesEye pictures and could never replicate the wonderful pieces that he's created but do respect the dedication this entails!

Isabelle

I've seen your good pal EaglesEye pictures and could never replicate the wonderful pieces that he's created but do respect the dedication this entails!

Isabelle

You've already taken the first step so you're well on your way. Not sure if you have a webcam but this is all Dave uses (with laptop of course). Other than that it's just practice, patience and the will to succeed. Don't assume you can't do it!

Thank you for your encouragement Kevin. I have a video camera (Panasonic) but Registax does not let me use HD files for some reason so I have to use my old camera. Making pictures therefore becomes hard. Furthermore, the Pansonic doesn't fit on my eyepiece properly.

In the end, I find that I use up so much time trying to image that I lose the "viewing experience". Imaging will one day be my first priority but right now it'll have to do. I do love sharing with others but am embarrassed on this forum since there are so much better images that can be found.

So little steps,... Thanks again for your encouragement. I'll get there!

Isabelle

Nice one Isabelle.

You are making good progress there.

Now you've got the bug I'm sure you will just have to try it again and I'm sure you will do even better next time.

Dave

Thanks RedCoat! What can I say, once a Pink Floyd fan,.. always a Pink Floyd fan!

Dave, I've seen your pictures and they have amazed me. It means a lot to me to have your encouragement. Maybe one day I will reach your heights. Little steps,.. little steps.

Thank you so much!

Isabelle

Yes. Little steps. That's how we all do these things.

Thank you for the kind comments on my images.

They are a result of many, many little steps, quite a few backwards at times, over far too many years.

Dave

Great capture isabelle. I managed to capture it a couple of months ago with a HD camcorder on a camera tripod. I think its travelling at around 17,500mph so really streaks by. Hats off to you for filming it with the dob.

Archived