Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A quick M27 (2" Baader IR/UV test)

3ggman

I really just wanted to test out the new baader filter and got a chance on the 12th of this month, well sort of. I took 20 3min subs and due to clouds I could only use nine in the end.

I was quite surprised by how much detail came out, even with the 3/4 full moon out, hence why I am posting.

Not long now before the evenings will start to get dark again and getting a chance to finish this and a list of semi-started images :)

I was very happy with the filter by the way, there is a noticeable improvement on stars from previous images, I would have liked to do a direct comparison with M27 but clouds prevented that.

Taken with the equipment in sig.

27min exp - 9 x 180sec @ ISO400

Processed with DSS and PixInsight.

Edit resized image.

m27fu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

post-19471-133877620031_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

Is this the full frame or cropped?

Darren

Its very slightly cropped due to an artifact that I get at the very bottom of the frame, whatever it is it must be on the chip as everything else is clean as a whistle but its about 95% full frame.

Beautiful. As Jordan said, great stars, tight and colourful. The nebula looks wonderful just hanging there in space. Natural processing and an excellent background sky, too. Often the hardest part! I guess Connemara is good when it's clear?

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

Archived