Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter at the moment

Depending on where you are but for me in Belgium it is rising around 3am and by the time the sun starts shining through it is still fairly low on the horizon, if you have a clear view it should be a nice bright morning star but fairly low and bright in the east.

To be fair I don't see that hour of the morning often though

does anyone know how high up Jupiter gets above the horizon because i haven't seen it yet because where i live the clouds seem to like the eastern horizon:icon_scratch:

Hi vegaandarctures, have you used Stelllarium?, if not here's a link. It will help you to see what is visable and when from your location.

In a few weeks we will have Jupiter in the night sky once again. :)

Stellarium

Hi vegaandarctures, have you used Stelllarium?, if not here's a link. It will help you to see what is visable and when from your location.

In a few weeks we will have Jupiter in the night sky once again. :)

Stellarium

Great! Where in the sky will it be ? Hopefully I'll get a good clear night when it comes out to test out my Skylux telescope I've owned since Christmas 2010 but never had a chance to use!

Great! Where in the sky will it be ? Hopefully I'll get a good clear night when it comes out to test out my Skylux telescope I've owned since Christmas 2010 but never had a chance to use!

jmurray01 :) now's your chance!

In a few weeks we will have Jupiter in the night sky once again. B)

Stellarium

As Nexus 6 :eek: suggests, I would use Stellarium, it's a brilliant and invaluable planetarium package. :)

It's currently found to the East just before dawn. But it's not gaining much altitude before the sun blots it out. However by the 15th July it's a much nicer 35deg up and swinging around the ESE horizon.

It remains a morning object really until late August - early September but will creep in the pre-midnight sky by then. But very low, so better off getting up early (hour or two before sunrise) for the best view.

Archived