Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

"New PST"? - from an H-Alpha novice

Hi All

"The Coronado PST has been redesigned for increased contrast and image brightness" is what you see on the websites - but what exactly have Meade done?

I'd like to get into H-Alpha but at the moment can't quite open the wallet wide enough to shell out for a Lunt60 B1200 or something like that. I've read Stephen Ramsdens' reviews etc so in the price range of the PST is the LUNT 35.

Now I know you get what you pay for, but if you had say £500 what would you go for today the PST or the LUNT? for purely visual use that is.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

I am based in Cambridge near you, I have also been considering a PST for a little while. If I shell out and you haven't decided to get one yet, you are more than welcome to come over and check it out.

Although I did read some rather worrying articles recently about a lack of future solar activity for some time...

Hi Adam

Thanks for the offer - much appreciated.

I've been using Thousand Oaks filters for white light for a while now but only purchased the LUNT wedge earlier this year. It certainly does provide another level of detail over the glass. But looking at sun-spots in white light does have it's limitations - especially when you see and read the reports of others on SGL and Spaceweather - makes me quite envious!

I'm south side living beneath the micro-climate of Addenbrookes BTW.

Cheers

Archived