NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first moon pic

Moon monkey

I love it moon monkey :)

I was just out imaging it near Peterborough as well, just before that massive cloud bank came over.

I was quite surprised how much the terminator had moved along the moon in just the space of a day.

What equipment were you using?

i'm green with envy moon monkey did you know that the hardest thing to take a picture of in space is the moon i know i took fifteen pictures of it with my canon eos650 and they were all rubbish so i called a prof from the astro uni in liverpool and he told me. an excellent picture if you get time please let me in on the secret good job jimmythemoonlight

i'm green with envy moon monkey did you know that the hardest thing to take a picture of in space is the moon i know i took fifteen pictures of it with my canon eos650 and they were all rubbish so i called a prof from the astro uni in liverpool and he told me. an excellent picture if you get time please let me in on the secret good job jimmythemoonlight

Hey Jimmy don't be afraid to ask any help with things on here too, promise no-one will bite your head off, we like helping people out if they are just starting or whatever the situation :)

Also guys as a side note, there is a section of the forum specifically for Lunar imaging, you may fund you get more helpful input there.

HTH

Excellent first lunie pic Monkey.

If you process it using software, you'll lose all that false colour and brightness/contrast.

"Blue Moon" is actaully when a second full moon happens in the same calender month. The moon then raises just as the sun is setting and appears blue in the sky.

No doubt some one will correct me there, but, I'm positive thats the reason.

Eddie

Archived