Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar Eclipse: 15th June

Telrad

I was unable to view it with my own eyes due to adverse weather conditions.. but at least I got to watch it 'live', albeit online.. I think the images that have been posted on SGL of it have been sensational! :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that most of the UK was clouded out. I was fortunate to have a grandstand view of the event, courtesy of Easyjet whilst flying back from my birthday celebration trip to Tenerife, talk about "icing on the cake" :). Sadly, my wife and I seemed to be the only ones aware of what was unfolding, everyone else was either asleep or on the wrong side of the plane.

This isn't even funny any more, this marks the third eclipse I have missed so far due to the UK's rubbish weather :)

21 Dec 2010 Lunar Eclipse - cloud

04 Jan 2011 Partial Solar Eclipse - cloud

15 Jun 2011 Lunar Eclipse - cloud

And even worse, I have family staying in Italy, with clear, dark skies! AARGGHH!

Yes I know! Very frustrating! Grrh :)

Sorry to hear that most of the UK was clouded out. I was fortunate to have a grandstand view of the event, courtesy of Easyjet whilst flying back from my birthday celebration trip to Tenerife, talk about "icing on the cake" :). Sadly, my wife and I seemed to be the only ones aware of what was unfolding, everyone else was either asleep or on the wrong side of the plane.

Peter :) You were exceptionally lucky! & belated happy birthday wishes too. .. It was to the loss of the other passengers if they were unaware of such a special event as a total lunar eclipse, and to have a front row seat in an aeroplane, even more so..

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
I took some pics of this event, as promised earlier, i'd like to post them. Is this the right place? Should I open a new topic or maybe is there a more specific location on this site? :)

THX

Nothing wrong with them here, but perhaps the thread is a little old now. You can upload them onto your own user gallery and/or start a new thread under imagining - special events or imaging - solar I guess ;)

Archived