Who likes sci fi?

Manok101

I do love Sci-Fi but im not wholesale on it, never really took to the original series of Star Trek, Voyager or Enterprise but did like The Next Generation and Deap Space 9. Really liked the original Star Gate, was never convinced by Atlantis but do like Universe. As others have mentioned above Red Dwarf still makes me laugh to this day but not sure if that says more about the program or me :)

Oh and when younger (see early 80s) I knew Star Wars off by heart :( and still watch the films now and again.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Star Trek with my Dad as boy. From there a fascination with 'Space' as I referred to Astronomy and related sciences. My Dad really encouraged it which had to have been the difference between a passing interest and a life long curiosity.

And I still watch Star Trek. Currently Voyager on Sky Atlantic (it started at episode 1 and will run all the way through - highlight of my day sometimes).

Astronomy came first, afterwards I did like some Sci-fi (Tom Baker as dr Who springs to mind). I was frankly bored stiff by Stanley Kubrick's "2001". I have read a lot of Niven and Heinlein, but I have always preferred the lighter-hearted Sci-fi of Erik Frank Russel, Frederick Brown and later Douglas Addams (and Terry Pratchett (Bromeliad trilogy and Strata). Red Dwarf is of course a classic, as were the original radio plays of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I've always been an avid reader, and Sci-Fi is my absolute favourite genre. I just love the escapism!

I particularly like a good space opera! I know.....completely implausible..but who cares!! Just a darn good read!

My favourite authors?..Greg Bear, Stephen Baxter, Peter Hamilton, Alastair Reynolds, Kevin Anderson, Ben Bova..I could go on...and on....

I've always felt like a weirdo considering all mates were into sci-fi, mad space crafts, robots and so on..., while I was (and still am) only interested in the dry, dull, factual stuff :)

Me to :p Was 12 when I went to the cinema to watch Star Wars :)

Read a lot of sci-fi over the years. Favourite book...Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.:icon_eek:

Now I am happy to observe this galaxy amongst others.... not that far away :rolleyes:

The Star Wars poster is now over 30 years old and as you do when things get messed up with them I had to crop a bit of it...sorry R2.

The Solar System pic is also from a few years ago....long before I ever looked at the stars but thought it was a great surprise present from Debra, my princess Leia :(

Me to :( Was 12 when I went to the cinema to watch Star Wars :)

Read a lot of sci-fi over the years. Favourite book...Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.:icon_eek:

Now I am happy to observe this galaxy amongst others.... not that far away :rolleyes:

The Star Wars poster is now over 30 years old and as you do when things get messed up with them I had to crop a bit of it...sorry R2.

The Solar System pic is also from a few years ago....long before I ever looked at the stars but thought it was a great surprise present from Debra, my princess Leia :p

i bet you love the current VW advert :p still iconic that image after all these years

Archived