NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL PROMO Celestron X-Cel ED eyepiece

We have limited quantities of Celestron X-Cel ED 5mm, 8mm and 10mm eyepieces at only £45 :)

A reduction of 30% (£20) off our regular price!

If you are not impressed return the eyepiece within 30-days for a full refund.

celestron_xcel_eyepiece.jpg

The Celestron X-Cel series offer a 55° apparent field of view, large 25mm clear apertures and 20mm eye-relief. They are one of the most comfortable high-power eyepieces available! An excellent choice for observing planets, the lunar surface and other targets that benefit from high magnification and high contrast.

The 6-element fully multi-coated design utilizes extra low dispersion (ED) glass on its most highly curved surfaces to minimize chromatic aberration.

All three X-Cel eyepiece are parfocal with each other, meaning little or no focusing is needed when changing from low to high power.

Fitted with soft rubber eyecups and a supplied in durable plastic bullet-case.

The long eye-relief makes them particularly popular with eye-glass wearers.

The barrels are threaded to accept 1.25" screw-in filters.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have recently bought a Skywatcher telescope and are not impressed with the supplied in-the-box 10mm eyepiece (it is a bit pants!) then treat yourself to an X-Cel 10mm. You will notice a considerable improvement on optical and mechanical quality :)

Hi Steve, I recently purchased, with Martin's help, an Omni XLT 120 from you. Having got it set up and observing the first quarter I realise I need increased power eyepiece(s). Just found this offer (I was considering omni series) and this is obviously a no brainer. Only question is which eyepiece? I am a total beginner so advice needed. Should I consider buying all three for different uses. I also need a moon filter and T ring to connect my canon 400d. Perhaps a pm with prices? Thanks.

All three would work well with your Celestron Omni 120 XLT :)

I have attached a chart showing the field-of-views. The magnifications (when used with your telescope) would be 199x (5mm), 125x (8mm) and 100x (10mm).

All would be useful. We are offering full refunds within 30-days so you could buy three then return two...

HTH,

Steve

post-12699-133877614946_thumb.jpg

Just ordered a 10mm for my new evo120 as the ep's that came with it seem to be pretty bad (not that i have much to compare against) they even look nasty tbh, thinking about ordering an 8mm or possibly even 5mm but ive heard ppl say that with the more powerfull ep's its like looking through a pin hole, doesnt sound very comfortable. Was originally going to barlow a 10mm but a decent balow seems to be almost the cost of 2 of these (while there on offer that is). Has anyone who's used the 5mm x-cel give me heads up on what there like to use?

That is not such an issue with your telescope Keano. The 8mm eyepiece would give an exit-pupil of 1mm, which is no problem. The 5mm eyepiece would give .625mm, which is usable, but you would probably see some 'floaters' and your eyelashes. Imagine sunlight streaming through a gap in curtains, if you almost close the curtains making a narrow gap, the sunlight picks up every speck of dust in the air. Open them slightly and the affect lessens. It is the same with exit-pupils, the smaller they are the more likely it is that you will notice floaters (debri in the eye) as it passes through the narrow beam.

HTH,

Steve :)

WOW! postie just dropped of my new 10mm xcel and i have to say im impressed! and a bit intimidated! its BIG! but the build quality is excellent, exactly like you good folks said , chalk and cheese, well chuffed. Going to order the 5mm ( dont think the 8mm would make much sense seens i already have the 10mm) Really cant wait to give this a whirl..my birthday today so i feel like a kid again getting all excited over new toys :)

Pity FLO dont do the rest of the series, id consider picking up an 18mm and 25mm,even if they wernt at the sale price there still cheaper than anywhere else ive seen em.If these are considered budget ep's id love totry naglers or something equivalent.

Yes, I have added them to the list, if you use the same discount code they will cost £45.

We have also found 2x 2.3mm (suitable only for short focal length telescopes!) so they will be added too.

Fantastic, dont think ive ever deat with a busines like flo before, its a pleasure giving u my money :) normally takes 200lbs of semtex and a carfull of mad mullahs to get my dosh.

Archived