Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 mosaic, a nights imaging wasted.

MikeD

Getting to be a bit of a theme for this mosaic.:(

This all started as a single image with 15 minute subs to which I added a new pane form another year( 7 minute subs) as the two overlapped.

I then decided to go for a big mosaic but wanted to shoot all the panes the same sub length.

So I dumped the 15 minute subs and re shot that and last years data all in 10 minute subs.

All was now going well until tonight when I stitched the raw stacks of the 5 x panes ( now all 10 minute subs) I have so far and processed the result as one image to see what I had so far.

It was then that I noticed the data from last night (bottom right pane) had out of focus stars on one side.:(

I have just been out to see what was up and found this.

yfronto-albums-mikes-images-2-picture11655-123.jpg

After breaking down the imaging train to do some Solar imaging I didn't notice when resetting to image DSO's the washer I cut one edge off of on my filter wheel to give me the space I need to attach my CCD had rotated and caused the CCd to be mounted on the tilt.:(

That will teach me to just set a run going and go to bed without having a good look at the first sub.

:)

There is also some blending issues with mosaic but this was just a quick put together to see what I had, I will take more care with the next attempt.:eek:

Full scale jpg is Here

Below is resized to fit on SGL

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mikes-images-2-picture11653-ngc7000x5mosaic-2-sgl.jpg

If a thing can go wrong it will...

But it looks great to me. You can easily run a star rounder action on any stars that displease you. I have one saved as a keyboard shortcut action. The TEC gives tiny distortion in the corners and with no flattener (750 dollars!) I just cheat for the few stars involved.

Olly

Archived