Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OMG its Saturn

AndyDix

Just came across it by accident. was having a play around with the new scope and boom there she was !!!!

It has really made my night.

Sorry but had to share it with someone.

Andy

Hahaha! You just gotta love those "first time seeing saturn" experiences. Congrats Andy - consider yourself initiated in astronomy and hooked on the slippery slope of equipment purchase lol :)

Saturn was on of the first objects I searched for and I was amazed by the view it almost did not seem to be real, it looked just like the planets I saw as a kid drawn in comic books.

I think it should be illegal to sell anyone a scope (especially if it is their first one) except when Saturn is visible.

This would help create a much higher retention rate of new amateur astronomers, as well as help prevent all those unwanted Xmas telescopes being abandoned on pieces of waste ground or tied up in bin liners and tossed in the canal...Remember folks - a telescope isn't just for Xmas!!

:)

Saturn is truly a great sight! I first saw it at a meet of the local astrnonmy society and was amased, the seeign was great and got a good long look at it with a small gap between the rings. Sadly had to keep moving the scope on the dob mount so no pictures.

Archived