NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How do you get an orange sun?

Hello SGL, Not sure if this is in the correct place? I have taken a picture of the sun using a mono camera and would like to add colour to the picture, namely an orange tint. Using the red, green and blue channels does. anybody which way they go please.:) Any suggestions to this question would be most grateful.

Regards

Peter

I apply a couple of photoshop 'photo filter' layers in deep red and deep yellow and then play with the opacity settings to make my solar false colour images.

I use Photoshop. Go into Hue and Saturation and check colourize then play with the sliders. You can also go into Curves and pull them around mightily. Drop the blue right down, lift the red a lot and play with green. You may need several iterations of the above.

I'm a solar beginner so I'd be interested to hear more sophisticated solar imagers say a bit!

Olly

Thank you for all the replies and any more than come after this message. I have now managed to get a better coloured sun, once I have merged the surface with the flares on the edge, hopefully i will get the complete picture instead of just a bit?

Peter:)

I will do once I can transfer the picture from my laptop to my home computer. I am writing this from work and cannot download on to this machine and publish the picture on SGL.

Peter

Aaarghh... stop perpetuating the orange Sun myth!

I went camping with friends last weekend and took my travel scope along. Due to the lack of night time viewing opportunity I got it out during the day and popped the Baader film on. I couldn't believe how surprised and perplexed the kids were finding the Sun to be white! :) (with black spots)

Don't take me too serious! :):D

Archived