NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How can I improve my Guiding PHP

johnb

Hi

I use PHD with the kit in my sig, I get good guiding but want to get BETTER guiding

I have included shots of my settings and a typical graph, tips on smoothing it out would be really appreciated.

Regards

John B

post-17074-133877610092_thumb.jpg

post-17074-133877610099_thumb.jpg

Sorry to reply with a question, but what do your imaging results look like? Your curve looks pretty similar to mine, and I generally have good images (say 10 min subs) with a curve like that.

No problem. 5 Min Subs are good but 10 Mins subs get a little bit of trailing and they are just not the same quality as the 5 min subs (if that makes sense) and I want to get everything working perfectly. My graph is not bad but want to get it better.

Regards

John B

Have you looked for flexture in your setup? My PHD graph is pretty much like that and 10 minute subs are no real issue. Your 10" would have to be nailed down pretty tight to eliminate it.

Tony..

It almost looks like PHD is costantly having to chase the drift in on direction only. Have you gone east side heavy?

You might watnt to try dropping the RA agressiveness, mines set to about 65 and its been happy so far.

Interesting. You have the same setup as me (250mm Newt, NEQ6 and ST80). I adjusted my PHD settings to these ones, although I can't for the life of me remember why I changed them! I do recall that changing the 'Min motion (pixels)' from .15 to 0.4 improved the accuracy of the guiding.

lukebl-albums-luke-s-help-images-picture9070-phd.jpg

Archived