NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first Saturn - laugh it up!!

trickytree

Last week, I got my SPC880nc (flashed) and adapter, IR filter and on Saturday dropped it into my Skywatcher Heritage 130 Flex Tube, and had a go at grabbing some footage from Saturn. I got 4 AVIs in total, but the last 3 were too wobbly from the wind, so the first go turned out to be the best effort.

*drum roll*

post-25952-133877608423_thumb.jpg

Well I'm not going to laugh!! That is very good for a first attempt. The size of the image is due to the scope used - maybe try a Barlow lens? But that would make aiming that much more difficult! Also a bit blue but that is easily fixed using photosoftware (You don't say how you processed the image).

Planetary Astro-imaging is NOT easy!! Keep at it - onwards and upwards as they say.

Nothing to laugh at mate! A good 1st attempt, like the 1st comment you could do with a barlow for higher magnification but then that would bring tracking it more difficult.

Keep at it.....well done

Archived