Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope shops around the Lincolnshire area

Hi all.

Does anyone know of any Telescope shops or Camera Shops in the Lincolnshire Area of the UK?

The reason i ask is my Synscan controller has broken (again) but the shop i bought the scope from has since closed.

Really want to get this fixed :)

Scot

Managed to Google a Camera shop in Cleethorpes that says they deal with Scopes...

Will give them a call...

Rother Valley will be my next port of call should the Clee shop not be right.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scot

Hi Scot,

There is London Camera exchange in Lincoln.

Don't know if they can help but they stock scopes, and I have heard that other shops in the chain have been quite helpful.

HTH.

Good luck.

Yes there is a London Camera Exchange in Lincoln. I live close to Lincoln and recently bought a second hand Nikon telephoto lens from them. And yes it does have some scopes and equipment, but the range is very limited and tends to be on the 'cheaper' side of things.

Pete

There is Beaconhill Telescopes in Louth. They have been around for years. but I don't think they have a shop. It does say you can arrange a visit to their workshops by appointment though.

NigelM

Am I missing something here?

If you want to get a hand control mended, you need an electronics engineer, rather than a scope shop.

Some of the retailers will probably only offer a new control. Others may offer to pass you on to a repairer. I know that RVO used to offer some electronics repair services. I believe this was by passing on to an outside person.

Have you approached Hitecastro? They offer a range of scopey add ons made in the UK. So presumably have electronics, rather than optical, or only sales knowledge.

Finally. If it has failed twice, think about cause. Is there an external cause? Did you get a bad repair last time?

Good luck.

A usefull map. You need to correct the location of D.Hiinds though, Leighton Buzzard is nowhere near Skegness.

Peter

Thanks, I've moved it back. Its an open collaboration map so sometimes people move markers where they shouldn't be.

Finally. If it has failed twice, think about cause. Is there an external cause? Did you get a bad repair last time?

The first time it failed it was sent back to Skywatcher from the shop i bought it from where i received a NEW handset.

I've contacted Skywatcher recently as it's had the same problem as the 1st time and i wanted to know if it was a common fault.

Seems it's a defective LCD screen which is causing the problem and as it's the same problem as the 1st could be a batch issue when made.

There advice was to return it to the store i bought it from.

Since the store i bought it from has since closed down I am having to source another store that can do the send back for me.

Hence why i was asking for Telescope stores.

(Or another way which they suggested via Email today was to get in contact with the UK Distributor OVL and arrange for it to be shipped to them so a replacement can be sent out.)

Hope this clears any confusion on the subject.

Scot :D

Archived