Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rumblepad Gamepad Picture

I know from SGL that quite a few people use the Rumblepad 2 with EQMOD.

I read somewhere that it is a good idea to annotate a picture/diagram of your gamepad with the allocated button functions.

Panic, which button is stop? Panic.

Anyway here is the blank form I created and used.

Enjoy.

Rumble_buttons_s.jpg

Don't forget the 8 individual buttons on the POV/DPAD control are also configurable and you can assign those to functions other than N,E,S,W etc. (for instance focuser control with ASCOMPAD)

Also for those who find themselves pressing he wrong buttons - assign sounds. This way you can quickly tell if you've pressed the wrong button or if a button press hasn't been actioned for some reason (feel free to sample Corporal Jones for the Emergency Stop :eek: )

Chris.

I've learnt something new and really useful today then! Off for a play ;)

Thanks Chris :eek:

Helen

How on earth did you ever resist fiddling with the joystick? Obviously not a natural gamer ;)

Please note that you need to move the joystick to the full extent of its travel for the mount to slew (its a safety feature!). Some gampad joysticks require "calibration" so that EQASCOM knows where their "limits" are - its all on the gamepad config screen.

Chris.

How on earth did you ever resist fiddling with the joystick? Obviously not a natural gamer ;)

Please note that you need to move the joystick to the full extent of its travel for the mount to slew (its a safety feature!). Some gampad joysticks require "calibration" so that EQASCOM knows where their "limits" are - its all on the gamepad config screen.

Chris.

;) Its the 'moving to its full extent' that caught me out :eek: I'd fiddled, but not fiddled hard enough!

That's going to be much easier that the D buttons (which have been getting a bit dodgey on my controller)

Helen

Great idea. I think a diagram of this on the obsy wall is called for.

I'm using an XBox controller, and I want to know if the rumble can be assigned to something, such as arriving at a destination. Actually, rumble to warn you that you are slewing close to the Moon would be very useful for preserving night vision!

Great idea. I think a diagram of this on the obsy wall is called for.

I'm using an XBox controller, and I want to know if the rumble can be assigned to something, such as arriving at a destination. Actually, rumble to warn you that you are slewing close to the Moon would be very useful for preserving night vision!

No sorry, the rumble function is specific to each gamepad make and isn't something we can access using standard windows functions.

Chris.

No sorry, the rumble function is specific to each gamepad make and isn't something we can access using standard windows functions.

Ah well. I guess I'll just have to use common sense to avoid the Moon, then. Anybody got any spare? :p

Does it vibrate when your ota crashes in to your mount :)

Mine rumbles enough on its own when that happens. :p

Archived