NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Shuttle about to dock with space station

MontyUK

yeah im watching it too! Im loving it.. final approach now :eek:

I think they should just handbrake turn it in though, lol.

Love your Sonic painted Megadrive by the way, how long did that take?

Yeah it sure is slow going but brilliant to watch! :eek: I think its amazing Nasa lets everyone watch their missions etc, its super interesting. Now I just hope we have clear skies over the UK when they pass over so we can see Endeavour and the ISS docked together ;) that would be brilliant!

Thanks Brent. ;) it took about 3 days to paint. I think it was 2 half an hour lunch breaks and 3 evenings. I did it faster than i thought I would.

dave1978 - yes, a very sobering thought, but at least the lesson was learned - I guess that's the nature of the new frontier exploration.

Re 17,000 mph - OK, it's a big number but the Shuttle's speed relative to the ISS is what really matters. If they are trying at 17,000mph or 17mph, a 5mph shunt will impart exactly the same amount of energy. For instance, if you have a car prang, are you travelling at 30mph (indicated speed), about 500mph (roughly Earth's rotational speed at UK latitudes), 60,000 mph (roughly Earth's orbital speed around the sun), 486,000 mph (roughly the sun's speed as it goes around the Milky Way) or whatever speed the Milky Way is doing (relative to whatever frame of reference you are using)?

Still quite impressive that they are going that fast relative to the Earth's suface though - going round the planet over 15 times a day is pretty cool :eek:

wow right now there is a woman on the ISS videoing the station docking work with the biggest hair do.. a little like Side-show bob :eek:

weightlessness looks so much fun!

Taking the kids to florida next year, am so gutted there will be no more shuttle launches then as could have tried to time the visit for one :-(

Have always wanted to see a launch with my own eyes!

Taking the kids to florida next year, am so gutted there will be no more shuttle launches then as could have tried to time the visit for one :-(

Have always wanted to see a launch with my own eyes!

Back in January 1992 I saw Discovery (STS-42) on the pad waiting to go but missed the actual launch as we had to fly back to the UK 3 days before lift off but I did shot some video of it on the pad, and now after all these years and also my love of high power model rocketry I never had the chance to fly back out to the States to watch one go. :eek:

For me it is something I would love to see too. A real shuttle launch would be so awesome. Definetly a 'scratch that off your to-do list' for sure. :eek:

If you watch Nasa TV full screen on a computer keep pressing PrtScrn button and then paste into Word . I have a whole series of pics to keep now from the take off of Endeavour from 9 min countdown to reaching orbit. Also have some of the docking to ISS and the crew joining up. I must catch the landing too.

I did the same a few weeks back for the last shuttle mission.

Nice to keep for historical purposes now that they are phasing it out

If you watch Nasa TV full screen on a computer keep pressing PrtScrn button and then paste into Word . I have a whole series of pics to keep now from the take off of Endeavour from 9 min countdown to reaching orbit. Also have some of the docking to ISS and the crew joining up. I must catch the landing too.

I did the same a few weeks back for the last shuttle mission.

Nice to keep for historical purposes now that they are phasing it out

There is a 20 minute launch video on Youtube starting at T-9 ;)

Going to see a shuttle launch would be amazing, but i just don't have that sort of money. Seeing our own launch would be out of this world (literally :eek: ) though. Damn government withdrawing funding for HOTOL!

Archived