Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Transformers pier in disguise

spaceboy

After recently deciding on a fixed pier in the garden it became "obvious" that the hammerite black pier was there. I had seen some thing in home bargains a while back that I thought might just do the job.

£2 Ivy wheelie bin stickers :eek:

The irony of it is it took me weeks to clear the corner of real ivy :eek: Kind of wish I had left a little to add to the effect but I'm sure it wont be long until it grows through from the neighbors garden again.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone ever make a pier with a quick-release system? Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds?

Some have steel piers attached to concrete via bolts. I guess they could be removed during the summer when observing is less practical and people spend more time in the garden.

I'm sure it could be done, with a little bit of engineering. Perhaps if the bottom of the pier had lugs which located into keyhole on a receiving plate? Then you would just have to sit the pier in place, give it a twist and locked.

Archived