Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC5033 L/Ha-R/G/B

MikeD

This has been a hard target for me.

I had to bin the first luminance and Ha runs ( around 7 hours) due to

flats issues I finaly tracked down to some dew build up on the CCD.

Not to be beaten I reshot the data.

L = 64 @ 5 min's

Ha = 9 @ 15 min's

R = 14 @ 5 min's

G = 9 @ 6 mins & 30 sec's

B =14@ 7 min's

I have found this a very hard image to process and given the time I have put into it both at the scope and the PC I have decided to throw in the towel and move on as galaxy season is fading fast.

The result just dosen't look right to me, a lot more Ha is needed to sort it out, but like I say I give in( for now).

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture11183-ngc5033-l-har-g-b-2.jpg

I share your pain mate, my effort on this last year ended up being a war of atrition, 5 short sessions to collect the RGB data! That's a cracking effort though, really natural looking and tons of detail :D.

Tony..

It's a very worthy image and an intriguing galaxy. I haven't tried it but it sounds like a faint sort of devil, in which case why not try longer Lum subs? I have been using 10, 15 and 20 minutes in Luminance on the galaxies, though at a slower f ratio. There doesn't seem to be any danger of burn out looking at this.

Olly

Olly

Olly Lp starts to become a problem longrer than 5 min's, as I shoot without an LP filter.:D

Here is a 2 min shot(with flash) iso400 with my 1000d and stock lens @ 18mm. from monday night while I was shooting the Ha,

Mike.

post-13376-133877602595_thumb.jpg

Archived