Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my new kronusky 200 EQ5

astropete

thanks DN18, i only dropped one hint, (the lappy screen saver) and the next thing there was a knock on the door, with a guy standing there, saying hi guv, please sign here. the wife had ordered the scope last wednesday, and it arrived the very next day (thursday). so far i have only observed saturn, whaich at 11pm is due south from our house, but directly above rooftops, so a bit shimmery, but on a 2x barlow with a 15mm e/p the rings stood well out. caught a glimpse of saturns largest moon while using a 40mm e/p.

Nice scope m8 :) next day delivery Awesome , was looking at

saturn the other day with my ed80 2xbarlow & 9mm ep it amazed me

how fast saturn moved out of FOV 20 30 secs & its gone .

clear skies ;)

hi all and thanks. saturns speed crossing the fov caught me by suprise, i am so used to shooting the moon. by the time i had centered saturn using a 40mm e/p (as yet i have to adjust the finder scope) then placed the barlow, ep, and camera saturn was out of frame. i have a few "well below par" shots of saturn, which make saturn a bright dot with a line running through (must drop hint for a better camera) would put anyone off doing astrophotography, but they are the scopes first light, and mine of shooting saturn, and as such will be kept (hidden and out of sight with my name removed).

Archived