Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First ever rig (astrophotography)

AndyDix

Hmm just thought

Does the

Skywatcher HEQ5 PRO Synscan come with a power cable ?

I have a leisure battery that I use for my boys remote controlled aircraft. I am planning on using that to power my rig.

Think I may of dropped a bit of a clanger as I didnt order anything to power it up.

Oops

Andy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

View Order StatusThis is the current status for your order number ****Status : In ShippingDate : 04th May 2011Time : 13:22Additional Information : Evostar 80ED ordered for direct shipment from importers 04/05/11 FLO T Mount 2" ..50mm Extension tube & Canon T Ring dispatched via Royal Mail 1st class post 04/05/11

Looking good. Says scope comming straight from importers? is that usual?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes, very usual.

OVL are the UK importers for a lot of gear. So instead of FLO (or most others) having all the huge boxes for scopes and mounts sat on their shelves, OVL hold and send the big stuff direct to customers. Then the smaller stuff is held and shipped by FLO (and others). It works well. Also keeps the costs down as the items only get shipped once rather than twice and also means less risk of damage on arrival to the customer.

As for power, the NEQ6 (so I guess the the 5 as well) comes with a power lead in the box. It is the required plug for the mount on one end and a car fag lighter plug on the other. Now you can either modifiy this cable to connect to your batteries or buy a seperate cable.

Cheers

Ian

I think the ED80 outfits are in stock but end of May for the ED80 OTA's.

HEQ's are OK - mine might come today so hopefully I'll be setting up the mount later. I'll PM you if it arrives to give you an idea of times.

Keep in touch and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your images !

Did it arrive Spikey?

Nothing here for me so far :)

If they were out of stock with the importers would FLO drop me a line to let me know ?

Andy

No it didn't and I have been in contact with FLO who were very helpful.

There may not be any ED80's in the country until the end of May.

I've asked them to ship the HEQ5 and some other bits now to me and I'll get the ED80 at a later date when it arrives.

No it didn't and I have been in contact with FLO who were very helpful.

There may not be any ED80's in the country until the end of May.

I've asked them to ship the HEQ5 and some other bits now to me and I'll get the ED80 at a later date when it arrives.

No nothing here either.

I could do with doing the same. get the mount and at least I can mount my Canon 1000d on it and have a play I guess. How did you contact FLO ? Via Email ?

I have taken 2 days off work now to wait in for a parcel that is not going to arrive. I wish they had contacted me to tell me that the scope was out of stock :)

The website listed other models that were out of stock so I assumed everything else was in stock.

Oh well ;)

Andy

Emailed Martin at FLO.

He has arranged to send the Mount out today. The scope is indeed out of stock until end of the month.

He even emailed me a PDF guide for setting up the heq5 pro.

Thanks Martin

Andy

@Andy - That's good news on the mount, wouldn't mind having a look at that pdf you got sent. I've got a pretty good idea about setting up EQ mounts but theres probably something specific in there I won't know.

@Gina - Just as well they are out of stock until next month, looking forward to some of your images from the EQ6 though :)

@Gina - Just as well they are out of stock until next month, looking forward to some of your images from the EQ6 though :)
Looking forward to getting some ;) I'll certainly post what I get.

Quite a few posts on here suggested OVL were out of ED80s - if you're in a hurry, the (better, but more expensive) Equinox was still in stock.

The mounts come with a cigarette plug cable, if you have a battery with a socket. If you want mains power for the NEQ6, modern astronomy sell the relevant bit of kit reasonably.

• 1 month later...

how have you been getting on with the setup

i have just got a second hand HEq5 Pro and ED 80 with a ST80 and syn guider.

Still waiting for the right time when i am in country and the weather is good.

how have you been getting on with the setup

i have just got a second hand HEq5 Pro and ED 80 with a ST80 and syn guider.

Still waiting for the right time when i am in country and the weather is good.

Really enjoying it all so far.

Only had a handful of clear nights so far thou.

Not used the system to image yet as I am still getting to grips with the "whats up there" phase.

Enjoy your system

Andy

Archived