Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this battery suitable?

Mount by its self no problems (i have a couple of these), but i think you will find that running dew heaters will drain it pretty quickly and Skywatcher mounts can start acting up when the power drops.

Looks very similar to the ones I use. I've ended up with a collection of three....one for the mount, one for the Dew heaters and one for the camera etc.

With a good triple stage charger these batteries should last for years. Mine are over five years old and still functioning 100%

You may well be better off with one of these - a little more expensive but 75Ah will cover most of your needs including mount and dew heaters. It is a "leisure battery" which is specifically designed to allow slow current drain as you get with runnung a scope for several hours.

Numax LV22MF Sealed Leisure Battery 12V 75Ah

Don't forget that you need a proper charger / conditioner:

CTEK MULTI XS 3600 12V Charger and Conditioner this will outlast your battery.

I can recommend Numax - great service with well timed delivery. And if they don't have the one you want in stock they'll supply the next better thing. I ordered a replacement 17ah battery for my powertank and they sent me a 20ah one - very pleased - leisure battery is the best bet and a charger to go with :)

Well the story is i already have a 17a/h power tank and im getting a similar to the one shown 20 a/h battery free, so all i need now are the correct connections to take it from the terminals, which have a treaded screw into a female cigarette type socket. Anyone know where i could pick one up?

Archived