SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eqmod adaptor and wireless Windows 10 major problem

Bubbles82

Help me I'm just about done with whole Astro/ computers disaster. Today I went out and fired up the obsy PC to check all was well after being off for a while. I'd like to start by saying nothing has changed since I last ran the PC or any programs, so opened CDc to connect to the mount trough eqmod and bang no connection great checked in the device manager and yellow triangle this is the usual device not recognised like when you first plug the adaptor in. I proceeded with the instructions to reinstall the adaptor and rolling back the driver and so on including the part about not auto updating the driver which I had done before to stop this happening. Nothing will work to get this to go as it should. Next I realise that even after a restart the device is showing in device manager with the yellow triangle even when not connected. I'm now assuming that this is going to be a major headache as Windows doesn't seem to be able to forget the device. Next up after about 2 hours I was ready to call it a day when I was about to give it one last go that's when my wireless adaptor stopped working too is showing connected and driver for that it fine this has got to be a Windows changing this in the background thing as I've not changed anything. Please if anyone is able to point me in the right direction I would be really greatfull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure windows isn't auto updating the driver - I had this problem and loading the old drivers with auto update stopped worked for me. Failing that an eqdir cable with a ftdi chipset should work

Sent from my SM-G900F using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

This might work .....

Open Control Panel

Open Device Manager

Plug in any USB to TTL or other device that uses com ports.

Under Ports (COM & LPT) You will see a USB Serial Port (COM{X}) appear.

Here X is the com number.

Double click on USB Serial Port (COM{X})

Another Box will appear USB Serial Port (COM{X}) Properties.

Click on Port Settings.

Click on Advanced

New box appears Advanced Settings for COM{X}

Click on the COM Port Number (COM{X})

You will now get a list of all the COM ports  some of which will report being (in use).

What this means is that Windows has used some of these in the past, but are not necessarily being used now. Windows has an awful way of reserving these. Now what ever the {X} value is set the COM port  at this value in turn for each of the USED COM ports in turn. You will get a message telling you that the COM port is being used. Ignore it and click on YES. DFo this for all the so called in use ports one after another.

This will clear all the "In Use"  COM Ports one after another until you are left with only the one . You can reset this to any number you want.

Lower the Better.

IF for any reason Windows shuts down OR becomes unstable you may have accidentally SET a COM Port that was actually being used. No Problem Just reboot and windows will sort the COM Ports

out.

maybe 18 months back my PC played up couldn't find stuff, get disconnected ect, i brought a electric cleaner damp proofer spray and ever thing go some, all the sockets on the back of the PC, anything that took a plug or needed one, its now run for 2 winters with out a hiccup.....

Recommended by a SGL Member sometime in 2014....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZP7S5E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

maybe 18 months back my PC played up couldn't find stuff, get disconnected ect, i brought a electric cleaner damp proofer spray and ever thing go some, all the sockets on the back of the PC, anything that took a plug or needed one, its now run for 2 winters with out a hiccup.....

Recommended by a SGL Member sometime in 2014....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZP7S5E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

+1 and wd40 as its only fish oil. wd40 for roof runners and locks.

Thanks everyone for the replies got eq adaptor working was a case of changing com port in the device manager so Windows could forget the device on the original port trying to connect then failed which then let me go back and Windows then didn't flag it when not connected thankyou skipper billy for your idea it's how I got there in a way[emoji3] onto the wireless link it appears on the manufacturers website that I'm not alone and there response is sorry we will release a driver patch when we can lol. So won't be buying any Tp wireless products again[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi been looking at the instructions because I am having the same problem, I,m ok up untill   You will now get a list of all the COM ports  some of which will report being (in use).

What this means is that Windows has used some of these in the past, but are not necessarily being used now. Windows has an awful way of reserving these. Now what ever the {X} value is set the COM port  at this value in turn for each of the USED COM ports in turn. You will get a message telling you that the COM port is being used. I get the list up and the comm port im using is 7  what value do i then set it to? or do you mean the actual 7

Archived