Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help identifying mount

It looks like an eq 3-2 which is abit light for the Ota however eq5's I,ve seen often come with a ally tripod.If you go to the top of page and click on the sponsors logo and go to skywatcher mounts you should find one to compare it with,hope this helps.

It looks like an eq 3-2 which is abit light for the Ota however eq5's I,ve seen often come with a ally tripod.If you go to the top of page and click on the sponsors logo and go to skywatcher mounts you should find one to compare it with,hope this helps.

Ye just had a look and it looks like an EQ3-2 ,I see they are selling for £175 ,hmmm I think I'll save the £300 and keep saving for a better mount lol!  :grin:

Just for safety, having seen it occur at least once - the scope looks like a C8 (nice scope) on an EQ3-2 that is possibly a little light for it. Would not go criticising the set up as the seller could be an SGL member, they may not have the posts to put up a For Sale ad here.

Looks like a bargain and the C8 is within the EQ3-2 weight limit for visual so usable but maybe not ideal.

Alan

A definite bargain ! It was the mount that caught my eye as I'm looking into starting ap .

Archived