Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Bubble - NGC7635, in HaRGB

PhotoGav

Hello my fellow star snappers. Please have a look at my latest picture. This is the Bubble Nebula, NGC7635, in Cassiopeia, in HaRGB, where I have added Ha to the Red channel and used the Ha as a luminance layer.

Tech Details:

Celestron EdgeHD 800 with 0.7x Reducer and QSI 683

Ha 9 x 1200s

Ha 9 x 1800s

RGB 6 x 600s each

That makes a total integration time of 10.5 hours, my PB so far!

post-29321-0-90906400-1410473569_thumb.p

I think I like this result! It's very red, but that's just the way it is, isn't it?!

As ever, your comments, advice, criticisms and suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

@ Pete - yes, lots of setting up and realigning to the target involved! That does result in bits being shaved off the sides of the image when things are twisted in the realignment. I really wish I had an obsy! I have left my tripod and mount set up in the garden, with waterproof protection for the down time, so at least set up is down to about 15 or 20 minutes. Good luck with your double digit project - what's the target?

@Sara - thank you, this is the first C8 image that I'm really happy with - it's not spot on by any means and still has that slight SCT softness, but on this one I find it acceptable. As for the salmon pink work around... It's a magic little trick that I picked up here: http://istarion.net/Picturepages/Processing/Salmon%20pink/Avoid%20salmon%20pink.shtml - quite why it works, I still don't understand, but that doesn't matter, it works!

Thank you all for your kind comments.

@ Pete - yes, lots of setting up and realigning to the target involved! That does result in bits being shaved off the sides of the image when things are twisted in the realignment. I really wish I had an obsy! I have left my tripod and mount set up in the garden, with waterproof protection for the down time, so at least set up is down to about 15 or 20 minutes. Good luck with your double digit project - what's the target?

@Sara - thank you, this is the first C8 image that I'm really happy with - it's not spot on by any means and still has that slight SCT softness, but on this one I find it acceptable. As for the salmon pink work around... It's a magic little trick that I picked up here: http://istarion.net/Picturepages/Processing/Salmon%20pink/Avoid%20salmon%20pink.shtml - quite why it works, I still don't understand, but that doesn't matter, it works!

Err ... i see the softness...it is typical for SCTs?! Why?

Very nice! What mount?

Thank you. It's a Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro controlled with EQMod.

Err ... i see the softness...it is typical for SCTs?! Why?

I don't know, though this is a focal length of 1422mm and there's quite a bit of glass involved!

Archived