Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS transits the moon 15th April 2244hrs

Damn! I was out taking pictures of it and it faded out. So I stopped. If I had waited a bit longer I would have captured that. Having said that how did you know that it would transit the moon and how did you know when it was transiting?

Very well done. I appreciate how difficult that is.

My effort was posted earlier.

cheers

gaj

thanks for your comments, yes I'm really pleased with the result I have other images as I took 124 exposures as it crossed the moon but this one is the clearest, there were 8 of us from our astronomy group either imaging or observing the transit but it was worth the wait for the 2 seconds or less it took to pass

Damn! I was out taking pictures of it and it faded out. So I stopped. If I had waited a bit longer I would have captured that. Having said that how did you know that it would transit the moon and how did you know when it was transiting?

Very well done. I appreciate how difficult that is.

My effort was posted earlier.

cheers

gaj

best site for timings of transits is www.calsky.org  

Be aware though that solar and lunar transits have a very narrow path on the ground (a few kilometres wide at best) so you have to be on the path to see them. If you enter your location into Calsky it'll tell you the path of the centreline so you can see where nearby ones are. In my experience there are usually a couple of solar transits a year visible from my house, and many more nearby to travel to (usual caveats on weather etc).

Archived