NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help please. Need advise on taking pictures of orion nebula

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank for that guys just got about confused at 2am this morning haha its happened to all of us (i hope) ordered the adapters last night should be here in a few days :). Had a good night to. seen M41 for the first time and hercules star cluster :) 

Evening all. Got my adapters today :D Going to give it a go soon :) if i get any problems il be here haha. Then all i need is a clear night which seems unlikely :( hope you all had a great weekend

Great stuff mate any issues feel free to PM me :)

Nice :)

You may or may not need the 2 inch adapter im not sure with your scope and camera.

Mine get focus fine with just the T-ring and T-adapter without the 2 inch extension.

If you find that you can acheive focus just remove the 2 inch extension and try again.

Here it is. I dont know where to start. I got a skywatcher 150PL with EQ 3-2 mount and me and the girlfriend are interested in taking pictures or just getting started.

After about 2 weeks of research i feel like i am going round in circles and astrophotography is the next step in this aweeeeesome hobby :D. I really want to take pictures of the Orion nebula and Andromeda galaxy and planets (would be amazing) so now my head is spinning around.

We have seen the camera (DSLR) we would like to get but what else is there i need??  Heard that i might need a better mount so don't want to spend a ton of money if i got to get a better on first. Price range maybe about £200 - £300 without the camera.

Any advise on what camera to get? 

Would i need any adopters? 

Maybe a better scope?

I'm not sure so any advise would be appreciate and thank you in advance.

My advice, as a noob to this astrophotography game, is to get a camera and tripod and point it at the sky.  I found one of the large learning curves was how to "develop" the images, because when you open the shutter for a longish time the result tens to be quite wishy-washy.  So you have to learn, discover, workout how to lift the image into something that looks good.  Exposure time, lenses, iso, aperture etc etc, layering, stretching, sharpening....

after a while of experimenting like that, graduate to the scope and the problems of tracking mounts  (which is exactly where I am    :evil:

good luck

That's my next buy is the Dual motor. My girlfriend is a wizard with cameras so il let her play with it lol just waiting for the adapters and away i go just got to get my photoshop on the go (or better programs) 

Looking forward to it all. Abit stressful at times but getting there. And yes im a noob in this game to haha

Take care

Archived