Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First shot Uranus!

Nuno

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I planned to get some views of Uranus :D and I took about 30 min to locate him using stelarium as guide and tracking it with a 200p dob manually. 

When I got it in sight I could see its very very faint blue color and was outstading :)

post-32042-0-39774800-1385078548_thumb.j

This is one of the frames that I got from recording it through a powershot canon afocaly. 

I dont know how to use registax yet, but the video that I recorded didn't get much cuz it was hard as hell to track that planet down

For this shot I think I used only a 10mm EP altough I tried all the combinations with a 25mm EP and a 2x barlow

Either way it was a very good night :)

Clear skies everyone

My GOTO finds it easily (cheating i know) and at first glance in my mak (f/15) it could easily be mistaken for a star, but if you look at it for longer you can tell it's not a point of light but something bigger, and its got an odd greeny-blue colour if you look to the side of it. I'd be lost without GOTO.

James

It's a great first capture. My first go was with a DSLR, and I got a white dot with defraction spikes, though I did catch a couple of moons. This is my best capture so far, with an SPC 900 and x3 barlow. I think it's amazing considering what the three minute video started out as.

post-20257-0-30771200-1385114714_thumb.p

Archived